What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Connection Kit

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got the iPad Connection Kit. I know how to transfer pictures from my memory card using the Kit to my iPad. But is there a way to transfer pictures from your iPad to the memory card using the Connection Kit?

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Not unjailbroken you can't.

Can someone please tell me what the term "jailbreaking" is? If you could just give me a basic summary of what it is and what the risks are versus the advantages I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
Can someone please tell me what the term "jailbreaking" is? If you could just give me a basic summary of what it is and what the risks are versus the advantages I would appreciate it. Thanks.

It is a way to get rid of the limitations that apple imposes. It's unsafe if you don't use good software to do it. I think you cannot update your iOS on a JB device. It gives you more access to more options.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

It should give you a good start at understanding jail breaking. Then, if you want more - have a browse in the Hacking sub-forum. There's lots of good tips there...

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Better not go jailbreaking. The Apple support staff could reject your device when you iPad needs a fix.

While I agree with this statement - please realize that the Apple support staff will reject your iDevice IF you don't put it back to stock before you go see them. With the very rare exception due to hardware failure, an iPad can always be restored to the current firmware, thus making the iPad as stock when it came from the factory.

So, if there are issues with a jail broken device, restore the current firmware on it before taking it to Apple. It will be stock and not jailbroken and they will never know.

And now you know the rest of the story. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts