What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad (Computer labs or not?)

DrBOnline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize iPads have great potential in education, however, do you think they are powerful enough to be the only device students can access if they will be writing documents, editing video, etc? Do you think a lab with MacBooks etc should also be available? I appreciate any feedback!

LadyFoxbriar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would be narro minded to think that any one piece of technology can do it all. I have a class set of iPads and love them, however, if my students had MacBooks they could create even better videos they film with their iPad. I love the iMovie app, but it limits their creativity sometimes. Additionally, I have had students express that it is hard to type on an iPad, of course in ask them if it is easy to type on a keyboard for them and the response is "no" which means it's that they don't know how to type problem. I use my iPad for just about everything but when it comes to certain things, like entering in grades quickly I like to use my computer's ten-key versus my iPad. Students should learn how to use multiple devices because it will improve their literacy in technology and ability to adapt to changing technology in the future. All in all, th iPad can accomplish a lot of things by itself, but incorporating other technology should still be considered.

Hope that helped!

Most reactions

Latest posts