What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Comparison

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please tell us your thoughts! I’m stuck in snowy Scotland, where we don’t see the iPad2 until March 25th! The closest I’ve got to the new iPad is downloading the User Manual from the iBooks store!

Tim
Scotland

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything I love about my original iPad, I love more on the iPad 2!

Yes it's thinner, lighter, and faster. Yes it's now got front and rear facing cameras. But what I also love are the new Smart Covers. Super ingenious.

OP
M

Mnick1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my Scotland friends this is my observation of the iPad 2 after using it for a couple of days..

Everyone probably know that the iPad 2 contains a dual core CPU that is 2x faster than the original iPad, but little does people know that the iPad 2 contains a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) that is more than 15x the power of the GPU that is in the iPhone 4 and previous iPad. The new chip allows room for many graphics intensive tasks, such as gaming and the video mirroring feature (iPad 2 exclusive so far). You will notice the response time of the iPad 2 is much faster than that of the previous iPad in web browsing and app switching.

Visually, the iPad 2 is STUNNING, it is designed thinner but looks and feels even thinner than it really is. The smart case is not magic, but it does its job, holds the iPad 2 in two extremely useful orientations. When paired with a bluetooth keyboard, the smart case will hold the iPad in position for you like a versatile workstation for email, word processing etc.

The only thing that kind of needs to be worked on is the back facing camera, it is good for showing people what you are looking at in video chat, but it is not an acceptable photo quality camera. I personally do not and probably will never hold my iPad in the air for photos, but many may think otherwise.

Most reactions

Latest posts