What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad & Comcast email

mjdamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read the other posts re this general issue. It seems most folks use a local email agent such as Outlook or Thunderbird on their PCs. I just use Comcast email via its web access on my PC so no mail is local - all is on the server. Here's the puzzle (or at least one manifestation of it). When I send something from my iPad the sent email does not show up in the Sent folder on my PC. As you know, with web access when I send from one PC then access Comcast email using any other PC or Mac or whatever, the contents of the Sent folder, the Inbox, etc. are all the same. So what gives? This is making me hesitate sending email from my iPad.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no syncing with the iPad and comcast so even deleting doesn't match up...

You can access comcastmail via safari on the iPad just fine, even try the mobile version for faster loading. So there is an alternative.

OP
M

mjdamore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Just tried it with Safari and, as you said, it works fine. Thanks. How did you know that?

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help

I have been unable to open my Comcast mail. I can delete, move mail to Spam but I can't read mail or open folders. Exactly how are you doing this?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Via Safari

No problem for me, I access my Comcat email with the iPad all the time. Sameway I do from work computer or anywhere else not at home.

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new Comcast app allows email checking, voice mail and other stuff
Xfinity app allows DVR box control.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. That too... I love the xfinity I mess with my son by changing the Channel he's watching while I'm sitting in starbucks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts