What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad closes down

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I normally read the newspapers online each morning, but often, the ipad goes back to homescreen.

Another problem is, sometimes, I cannot scroll the page, and often have to go back to homescreen and start again.

Any ideas please

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I normally read the newspapers online each morning, but often, the ipad goes back to homescreen.

Another problem is, sometimes, I cannot scroll the page, and often have to go back to homescreen and start again.

First, I assume that you have an iPad Air 2 since you posted in that forum - correct? Second, what iOS is installed? Third, what app are you using to read newspapers and is it updated for the current iOS?

When an app misbehaves, I usually go through the steps below, so see if any of those maneuvers help - if not, then post back. Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 8.x/9.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (this may take longer); release the buttons and the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will try to answer your questions correctly.

1-dont think the Mail I read is an app as such, I just Google each morning for the Daily mail.
2-pretty sure its the ipad 2, nit sure re iOS, where do I find this info.

Thanks for reply

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to Settings>General>About and look down the list, Version will tell you which iOS version is on your iPad. Below Version is Model, which tells you what iPad model you have. If you Google the model number it will show you which iPad you have.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dave/scifan57

followed your instructions, here are the results>>
version-9.3.2 (13f69)
model-in attachment after googling

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 340

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave/scifan57

followed your instructions, here are the results>>
version-9.3.2 (13f69)
model-in attachment after googling

Hello again - your iPad model is still not clear - use the model or serial number and input into the lookup box at EveryMac as shown below.

Did you try the steps that I suggested and if so, any help? Since you are doing these readings in a browser, which one are you using (e.g. Safari) and have you tried others? Also, if you read specific newspapers, they may offer an app which might provide more stability and functions? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 10.34.15 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
does this not tell you >>
capture-jpg.72777.jpg

Sure, but your other image just had 16G - so you have the 2011 model iPad 2 w/ the 30-pin adapter. Let us know if the suggestions given are of any help.

Also, when you upgraded the iOS to 9.3.2, did you notice any problems w/ the iPad 2? Some have complained that the older technology was not working as well w/ the newest iOS, and others have had no problems. Dave :)

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First, I assume that you have an iPad Air 2 since you posted in that forum - correct? Second, what iOS is installed? Third, what app are you using to read newspapers and is it updated for the current iOS?

When an app misbehaves, I usually go through the steps below, so see if any of those maneuvers help - if not, then post back. Dave :)

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Giradman
Not sure why it showed the 16G, the attachment said "capture" but not to worry.

Excuse my ignorance, I know the sleep button, and the power button, which is the home button.
If I do a double tap on sleep button, it just shows the last few pages, no apps.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giradman
Not sure why it showed the 16G, the attachment said "capture" but not to worry.

Excuse my ignorance, I know the sleep button, and the power button, which is the home button.
If I do a double tap on sleep button, it just shows the last few pages, no apps.

See image below - the HOME button is the one in the middle at the bottom - for a RESET, you need to press both simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 seconds or so), then release both and wait for the device to reboot. Dave :)
ipad-mini-force-reboot.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts