What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Christmas Gift

iBrokeHalo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello-

My boyfriend bought me an iPad :ipad-back: for Christmas (totally wasn't expecting it). I have an iPhone and a MacBook so I am familiar with Apple.

I was wondering what everyone's take was on keeping it OR waiting for the 2nd generation to come out. I wish I knew the exact date it would be out... I just am unsure what to do really.

It is just the wifi version... I have my iPhone so I figured I don't need the 3g. BUT I really need some advice on what to do. I would much rather have the newer one (especially if it has a USB port) but I don't know if I should wait or what?

Anyone else in the same boat?

For my iPhone I just sold it on craigslist and used the money to upgrade, not sure if people do this for iPads.

Thank you so much & Happy Holidays!

OP
I

iBrokeHalo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw another post similar to this... sorry!

But I still would like feedback since I do not know how similar the market it is to iPhones for selling them.

Mswolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see a lot of iPads on Craigslist and Ebay that seem to be selling for pretty close to the original price, the same as iPhones. What you might want to consider is how your boyfriend will feel having bought you what most would think is an extremely generous gift and your main consideration is if you should keep it and sell it later (for a better one or if you should return it and wait till a better one comes out.) If you wait til the next better one comes out you'll never have what you want.

iPsychic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol im in the same situation. I would just open it. I was pondering it too and i decided that it really doesn't matter. iPad 2 won't be much different. Some accessories like a camera which i dont even need

OP
I

iBrokeHalo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend is totally cool with anything...we are Mac fans so he understands the dilemma people are facing!

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd keep it . It's a great thing. You can use your iPhone for face time and taking pictures (which makes more sense to me anyways). You won't be sorry.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would wait, there is no official date for the next iPad. There is also nothing more than rumors about features, so you might find there next one has nothing you wanted any way.

Bought my wife one as well and she didn't even consider waiting. There is nothing to be gained spending several more months without one.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would wait, there is no official date for the next iPad. There is also nothing more than rumors about features, so you might find there next one has nothing you wanted any way.

Bought my wife one as well and she didn't even consider waiting. There is nothing to be gained spending several more months without one.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk
Agreed. I would just keep it and have fun with it.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends on how much you value the camera on the ipad as that's only going to be the major difference

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most postings regarding the next model seem to settle for a dualcore chip, smaller bevel, flatter case, improved speakers along with front and back cameras for facetime chat. More a refining of the current model than a radical upgrade.

Frankly the current model will continue to work well and only the missing cameras should give you any pause.
The apps and OS define what you can do with the device and the internet connection will define the speed with which they work. Neither of which are going to significantly change over the coming year.

Just enjoy it. Who knows what the future will bring.
Oh and on that note, Happy New Year.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to iPad 3, hopefully it will be re-designed completely which should make things interesting.

Most reactions