What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad charging slowly or not at all

Hobby welder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know this has been asked but in proir threads it seem the user was not doing a few helpful things.

A little backround: I've had my iPad 2 for about 2 years now, and on the rare occasion it would say "charging is not supported with this accessory" with the charger it came with. I never thought anything of it.

So, I'm wondering if my iPad is just getting old or is the charger getting old?
I never leave apps running in the backround, double click home and hold to open red dot with white line in the top right corner of the app. And I have my brightness at about 2/3rds.
And why does it say "charging is not supported with this accessory"?

Sorry to get off topic but:
Has anyone else had trouble with google? Quite often of I try to google something, I'll get an infinite loading spinner and then a "safari cannot connect with server". Any idea what's going on?

Also, what's the life expectancy of an iPad 2? Mine has a couple other problems, and I'm wondering if that's age or something else, my ipad is in almost pristine condition so I know it's not water damage or the result of being dropped.

Sorry for a long winded post but, any help is appreciated.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you trying to charge it using a PC or laptop? You shouldn't have any issues charging it using a standard outlet. Did this just start recently? Any new apps that could have affected it? The google connectivity sounds like a wifi issue. It's worth trying a hard reset of your iPad. Hold down the home button and the power button on top for a few seconds until you see the apple on your screen. Then let it do its thing. My iPad 2 is almost two years old and works just like it did out of the box. They should last a while. 2/3 brightness is actually pretty high but that alone won't affect charging. Any more details?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get that message about not being supported from time to time on my gear. I just unplug and replug and I'm usually good. Sometimes, electronic connections are not well made. The 30 pin connect has a lot of connections.

Your iPad will last until it won't hold a charge. Once you get to that point, it will be a good idea to consider making a decision of some sort.

OP
H

Hobby welder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last time I added a new app was 2 months ago. I use a standard outlet, not pc.

If by reset you mean a complete shut down then yes, I've done that. But that's the funny thing, that doesn't always fix it. And it happens with several wifi networks, I can be next to the router and still have that happen. Which reminds me, I do occasionally have trouble with wifi connectivity, it varies time to time, I can be sitting at my desk where the router is and lose wifi, and connect right back up, and drop again. I know it's not the router, I get an error unable to connect if that happens.

Not only that, but I cannot synchronize to my pc's hard drive. It's only 6 weeks old and is a top of the line HP, which has everything on my iPad there, saved, but if I hook my iPad up to add something, I lose the new item and a couple other apps and a bunch of songs. Which is a recent problem.

I'll give your method of restart a try and edit this post.

Most reactions