What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad charging but not showing charging icon and not recognized by itunes

Sleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Ipad is charging (one night is enough for 100pct)
But...
Not showing that is charging (icon at right top not there)
Not recognized by itunes
Anybody can help me?
Rgs

OP
S

Sleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes
Even following the advice to remain pressing 60sec
Probem remains

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of questions..

Is this a brand new iPad - i.e. have you ever used it before or is this the very first time you tried to link it to iTunes?

If it's not a brand new iPad - i.e. you have used it before - can you still use it? i.e. other than the problem with the missing charging icon and the problem with iTunes, does the iPad work OK?

What version of iTunes do you have?

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sleg said:
Yes
Even following the advice to remain pressing 60sec
Probem remains

Sound like there is a problem with the cable or the iPad itself. You should call Apple Support. Not much more we can do for you on the forum but recommend restoring the iPad. Apple will most likely talk you through this any way, so you might as well call them and only have to do it once. If it does not fix the problem they are most likely going to send you a replacement iPad.

Let us know how it turnes out.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleg said:
Hi
Ipad is charging (one night is enough for 100pct)
But...
Not showing that is charging (icon at right top not there)
Not recognized by itunes
Anybody can help me?
Rgs

The not charging icon is normal. Did you back it up recently then put it in restore mode. First, plug the iPad into the PC/Mac. Then turn the iPad of and while it's plugged in. After that, press and hold the home button until a connect to iTunes screen appears (a Apple USB cable with the iTunes logo above it). Now follow the other instructions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I hadn't stopped to consider that it might not have been initialized yet.

If it is new and you are just setting it up for the first time, ignore my advice and listen to biobunny.

Nessaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably it can be simply caused by bad USB connection. Try a different cable or connect to some other PC/MAC to see whether it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts