iPad Charger

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Kazimali786, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Kazimali786

Kazimali786 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I have a problem with my iPad chargers. I have connecting it properly and have made sure of that but it does not charge. I have tried everything but it still won't work. Is there any other solution?

2. mp333

mp333 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try known good charger and cable.

3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,251 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide further information: 1) What version iPad(s) do you own?; 2) Are you using the Apple chargers that came w/ the iPad(s)?; and 3) If not '2', then what chargers are you using? Please answer these basic questions first - Dave

4. Kazimali786

Kazimali786 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using a 3rd generation iPad. I'm not using the default charger but rather a new one because the original one got spoilt.

5. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,251 / 0
    Hello again - you'll still need to be more specific; the original iPads used a 10W charger (Watts = voltage x amps), i.e. 5V x 2Amps - the newer charger is 12W (5V x 2.4Amps) - so, please provide information on the brand/model of the charger you are using currently and the wattage, as described. Also, when you obtained this replacement charger, did it work w/ you iPad initially; if so, any damage? Dave :)

6. BenD002

BenD002 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try change a cable, adapter and a computer

7. Will Gavin

Will Gavin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If anyone (in the UK anyway) needs a new charger cable for an iPad that has a Lightning connection, I suggest that before paying through the nose for one from Apple, they pop down to their local Poundworld and buy one for £1. The one I've bought seems to do just as good a job as the £20 one I bought from Apple when the original was getting a bit frazzled. And it's also much neater, retracting into its little case when you don't need it, so it'd be much better if you're on the move.