What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Charger Issue?

Alo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since yesterday, I couldn't do anything with my ipad 2 because my charger isn't working. My ipad is really low on battery. I've only been using it for less than 2weeks, & only charged 2x. It seems like my charger is the first thing to break down. Does anybody had the same problem? I have to run to the mall during my break to get a new charger.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since yesterday, I couldn't do anything because my charger isn't working. My ipad is really low on battery. I've only been using it for less than 2weeks, & only charged 2x. It seems like my charger is the first thing to break down. Does anybody had the same problem? I have to run to the mall during my break to get a new charger. (I'm a very busy person, studying & working at the same time. I don't own my time. Sorry guys. please be patient with a novice.)
It's not common for any Apple product to "break down" but it happens. If your charger is defective Apple will replace it during the first year. It sounds like all you need is a new charger.

So I'm confused about what advice you're looking for.

BTW, since this thread is about email we'll move your post to the iPF Help area.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
A

Alo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I bought a new charger today because I kept getting the NOT CHARGING warning on my ipad 2 screen, I thought all I needed was a new charger. But after trying the new charger I get the same NOT CHARGING warning. Some people say, it's a common problem for ipads. It's actually charging, just really slow. I should get a 100% battery if I keep it plugged over night. Who else experienced this?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you charging it by connecting it to your computer or through a power outlet? Make sure it is through a power outlet when charging the device.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, Skimonkey!

Most PCs (and older Macs) do not have the power to charge the iPad via the USB interface. As you've noticed, Alo, the iPad eventually will charge while connected, but will show "Not Charging" in the upper right hand side.

For best - and fastest! - charging, use the iPad wall charger and connect to your home/work electrical. Then it'll work fine.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that the iPad will charge at the proper rate when plugged into a USB port only when the display is turned off.Does anybody have experience with this?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use ASUS Ai Charger on my laptop and I don't have to turn off the display to charge my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, scifan57, but that info is ... well, not incorrect, just not quite right. Yeah, the iPad will charge faster if it's not running while plugged into a computer's USB port. That's because the trickle it is getting is not being used up by having the iPad on and in use.

But, it is still going to be a trickle, whether the iPad is on or off. Unless you have one of the newer Macs (or a modified USB port), your computer will not charge the iPad as well as having it plugged in to a wall socket. It's an electrics/power thing...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts