What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Celular

newtothis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have recently moved to quite a rural area and I am using a sim card in a dongle in my laptop for my internet access.

I would like to use the sim card in my ipad, my question is, do I just take the sim out of the dongle and put it in the ipad?

I am cautious because I don't want to break anything and would rather know that I was doing the right thing instead of guessing.

Thank you :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I have recently moved to quite a rural area and I am using a sim card in a dongle in my laptop for my internet access.

I would like to use the sim card in my ipad, my question is, do I just take the sim out of the dongle and put it in the ipad?

I am cautious because I don't want to break anything and would rather know that I was doing the right thing instead of guessing.

Thank you :)

The dongle uses a normal SIM card, whereas you need a micro SIM card for your iPad.
There's no possibility to just take it out of the dongle and use it on your iPad. You'd need to cut it to fit into the iPad Micro SIM tray. Also, it may be possible that it won't work there.

OP
N

newtothis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JA
Thank you so much for the information
I will get a micro sim card for my ipad :)

Most reactions

Latest posts