What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad CC kit.

yass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask about the CC kit, specifically its SD card use, I have a JBen iPad1 running iOS 4.3.2. Whats the max SD size it can handle, Im thinking about the extra storage space, like using the usb part w/o the power limit.

regards
yass

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
yass said:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask about the CC kit, specifically its SD card use, I have a JBen iPad1 running iOS 4.3.2. Whats the max SD size it can handle, Im thinking about the extra storage space, like using the usb part w/o the power limit.

regards
yass

I doubt there is a size limit for sd cards largest I have tried is 2gb, but with the USB one, you need to make sure that the USB drive doesn't draw too much power, I have a bunch of USB drives, and only 1 works :( it is a corsair 2gb

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe the limit is 64GB. However you can't use the SD card as extra storage. From an SD card the CC kit only allows the importing of pictures, and movies (with some limitations of formats).

You can jailbreak and get more utility from it, but if you have an iPad 2 you will have to wait until a good jailbreak solution is available for it.

Reaction score
Considering OP has a jb iPad 1, ifile could be really useful.

It should be possible to use the external SD cards as a storage for data, by using ifile's Link feature.

Hard to say, what the max. size it. At the top of my head, would I say 32GB SDHC card is as far, as it will go, but I couldn't find any data to verify this, so 64GB may work as well.

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sandisk flash drives especially with led light on it wont work coz of power limitations. all microsd cards seem to work perfectly. regular sdhc cards i havent check the bigger capacities

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running 4.3.1 and with CC, ifile automatically mounts my Corsair 16 gb thumb drive (flash voyager) just fine. it also mounts my Sandisk 32 gb SDHC Ultra with 15 mb/s). I had a 200 gb external (externally powered) hard drive and it shows up in iFile too. I was ready to go back to 3.2.2 if above didn't work. :)

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just for info, my microsd when plug into a usb micro sd adapter and plonk on the usb cck wont work, ipad says it draws more power. it only works on cck sd card adapter.

also, i put 2 image on it (jpg), one direct from camera and one from a photo editing app, only the image that was taken direct from the camera was detected. though i have no problems accessing it via ifile but troublesome to add individually into camera roll.

Most reactions

Latest posts