What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

VapnRealtor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO This Case Rules!

I currently have the Otterbox Commuter and Defender which I think are excellent at what they do in regards to extreme protection. The heaviness is the downfall for the Defender and the lack of options is the downfall for the Commuter. I also had the InCase Leather Binder which I hated and the POS Switch Easy Gator looking case that has got to be the cheapest crappiest case ever and was nothing like I was expecting. I found all of the switch easy cases I tried felt like the cheapest of cheap plastics they could find with very sharp edges offering really no protection at all. They really turned me off and would not accept returns either so I'm going to give them away to someone who will probably end up doing the same.

Anyway IMO the best all around case with the best thought out features and value goes to the Cyber Acoustics Leather case by a long shot.

This is my 1st post so sorry I could not post my link. I'll back top post it.

Here it is and fior $39.99 it cant be beat especially since it's real leather and very soft high quality feeling.

http://www.ipad.net/cyber-acoustics-ipad-case.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPycQHC_98[/ame]

VR

Last edited:

womp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We picked up the leather InCase at the Apple Store at the time of the iPad purchase. It's a handsome, traditional looking case and stands up solidly in both orientations with a couple of horizontal angle options. It seems well made.

Then, there's the new Etch-a-Sketch iPad case. :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought the Marware Eco-Vue. In some ways it beats my old case, others not. For the price I got it, I will have no regrets if it holds up under normal usage. My old folio was good, but I prefer the rigid cover of the Marware. I would prefer a magnetic cover latch instead of the elastic strap. I would also prefer a gold liner. Reality sucks.

stevenwei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of the Marware Eco-Vue. It's a great case - really sturdy. The only drawback is that the strap that holds the iPad in place isn't affixed to anything, so the iPad can shift around a bit.

Not really a big deal, and I've never had the iPad fall out of the case or anything, bu something to keep in mind.

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has some pretty cool leather portfolios that are really affordable. Another brand I would suggest would be Sena. They have high quality cases made of high quality leather, the only downside is that they are about twice as much as one of Marwares cases.

firmament

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got some knockoff brand when I bought my iPad. It has a rough alligator fake leather appearance with these random straps and buckles. Honestly it looks like it just came out of an S & M club.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has some pretty cool leather portfolios that are really affordable. Another brand I would suggest would be Sena. They have high quality cases made of high quality leather, the only downside is that they are about twice as much as one of Marwares cases.

When it comes to leather cases, you need to consider whether the surface of the leather is sealed or aniline. Sealed leather like Sena produces a smoother, glossier finish, but is also more susceptible to scatches and "scars" (esp if you put the case through a lot of wear and tear.) Aniline leather, on the other hand, tends to be rougher or "appears unfinished" to the look and touch, but they wear much better because the surface retains its original texture.

Anyway, I posted a summary of the leather cases I researched not too long ago -- http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/10968-rundown-leather-cases-ipad.html

Vulpix

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I wish the Marwares were a little less conservative about their protection. It's kinda bulky, specially the Ecovue case I own.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WATERFIELD DESIGNS Travel Express

Ordered this a few days ago - looks great for ipad2, keyboard and miscellaneous stuff. I saw some posted recommendations for the Waterfield sfbags so thank you for the recommendation.:)

Wilder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Targus 360 is OK. It smells bad at first, but it's a nice trade-off on thickness and security.

Old cases work too. I had an iPad 1 case that fit it just fine; All it needed was some holes for the cameras.

Most reactions