iPad Case Reviews

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by iDan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tluv00

tluv00
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got the iFrogz Luxe cover and so far so good. It fits well, pretty sturdy and decent grip. I use that with a standard HP netbook sleeve which has a pocket in the front too. Works great for the iPad.

2. keroro1979

keroro1979
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just ordered some cheapo accessories from Ebay, just to try out.

A neoprene case - had one pretty much exactly the same for my netbook, and it was great for protecting from sctratches and bumps in my bag.

A clear hard plastic shell for the back of the iPad - again, Ive had one of these on my touch and found it pretty good. I upgraded to a full snap-on shell which covered the bezel of the touch too, but couldnt find an iPad one. This also comes with a screen protector - although I suck at applying those lol.

A stand - this is the one Im not sure about. It looks cheap as hell, but a friend who has one says its great in landscape, but not at all sturdy in portrait.

The whole lot cost me around £10, so Im not too bothered if they arent up to much. WIll let you know how they go when I get the iPad :)

Attached Files:

3. iHoo

iHoo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Success at iGearUSA

I ordered a PadStand similar to the Apple case at igearusa.com. $10 less and ships right away. They also have a nice black leather version (Padfolio) and a carbon fiber version. Search the ipad area of their site.

4. Kiahuna

Kiahuna
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Amazon case

Ditto all of this. This is an awesome case as far as practical goes. Edge and corner protection are a little bit marginal though. If you want a stand type case this is a great one.

5. dirtydan

dirtydan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  6. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I dont like the tuff-luv.

its price point is good for a leather folio case.

The leather looked like it was way to loose around the inner cardboard, you could see how it didnt look as if it was pulled tight. Then with the snap buttons stand it will just get worse over time.

having to unbutton all those snaps just to stand it up and also having to snap it in place and turn it around to view the front screen is just to much effort. I want to open it, type what needs to be typed and then close it back up quickly.

The little stand flap on the back I thought would make for a good pocked for holding things like business cards but, its just used for the stand.

Also the border around the front of the ipad looks like it would be to big, running right to the edge of the screen making it hard to touch along the edge with your finger.

7. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

True that. I'm just looking for a skin now, to enjoy the lightness of the iPad sometimes.

8. sdroadking

sdroadking
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    WOW - Great Case - Great Price!!

Found a folding case that has a stand feature on Ebay for $19.99. I have to say, I was a bit worried for 20 bucks considering I just paid $49 for a Belkin 'rubber,' but to my surprise, this is a really nice case for the money. Fits well, all the controls are not blocked like on some cases, and it sits in horizontal or vertical stand mode all built in. The really cool part is the whole thing is still VERY thin with magnetic flap locks! It looks like leather, but it is not leather. (does not smell leather either)

His Ebay profile is Just4You1949. He is in Hong Kong no less, but I got the case in less than one week. Like (4) days ... wow, he had to run to the post office with this. Check it out!!

9. HarlyFan

HarlyFan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

This is a good looking case has anyone tried it yet?

10. Dawgs18

Dawgs18
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just got my Acase from Amazon and really like it. It's a convertible one.