What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are Mach 3 Composites introducing our carbon fiber cases (not sleeves). We do both IPAD and laptop cases. Hard shell, checkpoint friendly, low profile, padded and lined.

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up just getting a netbook sleeve from HP ($9 bux) and ordered a iFrogz Luxe that should still fit into the sleeve once on.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are Mach 3 Composites introducing our carbon fiber cases (not sleeves). We do both IPAD and laptop cases. Hard shell, checkpoint friendly, low profile, padded and lined.

Just googled your website, great looking, but I'd rather something that left the screen exposed. Real CF, now that is class (and $$, but worth it, if you need it).

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wonderfull job i really like it , just need to see in real what that look like

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just googled your website, great looking, but I'd rather something that left the screen exposed. Real CF, now that is class (and $$, but worth it, if you need it).

Thanks for taking the time to check us out. We understand completely. Our goal was storage and transportation. Being able to put your IPAD in a suitcase, bag, or backpack and know it is well protected. We did make it slightly larger so if you have a snap on cover it will fit in the case without having to remove the cover. Thanks again for looking!
www.mach3composites.com

Last edited:

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score

sdroadking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The perfect case >>>

The perfect case for me would be:

1) Nice appearance
2) Very close fitting.
3) Access to all plugs and controls
4) Removable face cover, leaving back protection for laying down.
5) Back has non-slip to avoid dropping
6) Has enough access for Apple Charging Dock .. or provides thier own dock that will work with the pad.
7) Case creates it's own vertical or horizontal stand.

Are you 'best case in the world' makers paying attention?

Don

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1) Nice appearance
2) Very close fitting.
6) Has enough access for Apple Charging Dock .. or provides thier own dock that will work with the pad.

I just got a PM from the manufacturer of the Eazel. It closes up and has a swing out stand. He said they would start selling them in August. You have to see this one. It is very different.

aligatacom

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1) Nice appearance
2) Very close fitting.

Don
Hello,

I'll try to check if these requirements are fulfilled by my cases:

1) Nice appearance
Well, in my opinion Aligata cases meet this requirement. Genuine bovine leather, simple, no-nonsense design. I designed them, so I love how they look :), but I have also heard many compliments on them.

2) Very close fitting.
Nude Beauty, Nippon and Dark Chocolate meet this requirement. Only Black Espresso is not snug - it is of different nature (soft calfskin leather, more spacious).

All my cases meet this requirement - proper cutouts for all ports.

My cases meet this requirement in this way, that you can overlap the front flap to the back.

My cases are handmade of genuine bovine leather. So the should not slip on the surfaces. Inside each case there is a plastic circle which prevents the device from slipping out of the case.

My cases do not meet this requirement, I am afraid :(.

Well, it is possible to use my case as a horizontal stand, but it is not easy on smooth surfaces - the edges slip on them and the stand falls down. It works well on a rough surface. So, let's say: partially fulfilled ;).

Best regards,

Tom
tom AT aligata.com
--
Aligata.com

iForum77

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1) Nice appearance
2) Very close fitting.

Don
ipad_case_vintage_brown03.jpg

Is this something that you might be interested in? Its vintage leather case. It's little pricey, but best looking and quality case I have ever seen so far for iPad.
Vintage Special Edition Leather Case for Apple iPad - Brown

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure before all the cases of your choice will be release you've probably already shell out a100$ or so.

Mezza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm loving my Purple Speck CandyShell case. Looks good, protective, good bezel coverage & easy to grip. Also fits into my STM iPad Jacket for transporting.

I had a Belkin Grip Vue in black, but the silicone stinks, so took it off.

Most reactions

Latest posts