What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad can't find my location in iOS 6

Antarctic_iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to iOS 6 my location on my iPad cannot be determined. Location services are switched to on, all the settings are the same as before and nothing on my wireless router has changed either.

What have I done wrong? How can I get my iPad to recognise my location again? There are so many apps that reply on location services, it is quite a problem!

I have googled the problem but nothing relevant seems to come up. :eek:

Did anyone else experience this with their update?

(I only updated two days ago when google released their map app)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting your iPad? Press and hold the home and power buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release. When the iPad finishes the reboot, try location services again.

OP
A

Antarctic_iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting your iPad? Press and hold the home and power buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release. When the iPad finishes the reboot, try location services again.

Wow that worked! I can't believe it was so simple, and more to the point I hadn't tried that before. Probably because I never switch the iPad off, I never think about rebooting it.

Thank you very much. :thumbs: :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Antarctic_iPad said:
Wow that worked! I can't believe it was so simple, and more to the point I hadn't tried that before. Probably because I never switch the iPad off, I never think about rebooting it.

Thank you very much. :thumbs: :)

I'm glad it worked. Don't forget to come back if you have any more questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts