What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad can't download Ebooks

joannsandiego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an ebook library. Why can't I access the ebooks via quick links?
What software would be compatible with my apple iPad? I tried downloading
Adobe Air but it won't open. Please help me with the above problem.
Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From where did you purchase the library? Usually, the bookseller has an app that you can use to download and read the books you've purchased.

Or, a lot of the e-reading apps can access books not bought from their main store. Have you tried downloading an app that can read the type of book you've purchased and see if you can access your library through that? Depending on the format (mobi, ePub), there are several apps that can read books.

Marilyn

OP
J

joannsandiego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
From where did you purchase the library? Usually, the bookseller has an app that you can use to download and read the books you've purchased.

Or, a lot of the e-reading apps can access books not bought from their main store. Have you tried downloading an app that can read the type of book you've purchased and see if you can access your library through that? Depending on the format (mobi, ePub), there are several apps that can read books.

Marilyn

Yes, I have tried installing Adobe Air but it also failed. Probably, Adobe Air is not compatible with iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Adobe Reader is (probably) the app you need. It's in the App Store. You can not download and use apps/programs from the internet. They are not compatible.

Two other apps that may work are Bluefire Reader and Overdrive Media Console. These apps are meant for borrowing books from a public library. Used properly they will read Adobe Digital Editions and Live Cycle pdf books. Instructions for their sue can be found on the developers' sites, or you public library will often have pamphlets on how to use whichever app/service they subscribe to.

That is usually enough to help you figure out how to use those apps with books from other sources.

This is all assuming you are downloading books protected in one of Adobe's formats. If not, tell us the source you bought the books from and maybe someone will have an answer better suited to your problem.

Most reactions