What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad cannot connect to Safari server

Lila Croen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. My husband and I are in our 80s and are enjoying our IPad when it works. We've had it for two weeks (last year's model) and this is the second time that we've received a message that"Safari cannot connect to the server". i saw from your home page that this is not a unique problem. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

OK - I noticed your problem - 'Safari cannot connect to the server'...
This could be a couple of problems - first of all, does it definitely say 'Safari cannot connect to the server' rather than 'Safari cannot connect to the Internet'? If it's the former, can you surf to another web site? So, maybe you were trying to look at, say, CNN and you got that message, but then you switch to the BBC website and that's OK, then you look again at CNN and you get that message.

If that's the case, there's no need to worry and it's a problem outside your control - maybe CNN website is overloaded or the network to the the CNN website is choked etc.

If the message you got from Safari was that it couldn't connect to the Internet, then get back to us and we'll have some more suggestions. Please, though, keep in touch. We love to try to help people enjoy their iPads - we're all enthusiasts here and we want everyone else to have as much fun as we do, so we're anxious to help people out with any problems they may have.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts