What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad camera

Skittles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just downloaded the new software update 7.0 onto my ipad, only thing is my camera no longer works , there is like a purple screen when you try to use it or at the bottom it is all zig zags, thanks

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you done a reset? That might solve the problem.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Try the usual fixes, maybe they will solve your problem:

Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.
Reset it: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
Force close apps: double tap the Home button/four finger swipe upwards to reveal the multitask bar. There, swipe thumbnails above app icons towards the top of the screen.

Next option:
Backup your device and restore it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If this doesn't help, take it to the next Apple Store, it could also be a hardware issue.

OP
S

Skittles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi tried both options and still not working so rather than it giving me more headaches it's booked in at apple store.

OP
S

Skittles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update took it into apple today, they did a restore and camera still the same like a violet colour screen, what I carnt understand though when it was on iOS 6 camera worked perfect and updated to iOS 7 stopped working ?. They said it was a hardware issue.
They wanted £200 to exchange it because it was out of warranty, didn't bother.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just an update took it into apple today, they did a restore and camera still the same like a violet colour screen, what I carnt understand though when it was on iOS 6 camera worked perfect and updated to iOS 7 stopped working ?. They said it was a hardware issue.
They wanted £200 to exchange it because it was out of warranty, didn't bother..

Hello Skittles and welcome to the forum! :) Not sure which iPad version you own, but that's a bummer - sorry! :(

Now, I've read about this issue before w/ the newest iOS upgrade, so not sure if Apple may be working on the problem - might want to keep the device around for the next update to iOS 7.x - might be surprised? Good luck - Dave

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would another camera app work?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

OP
S

Skittles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Just an update after taking ipad into apple and they wanted £200 to exchange my ipad saying it was the ipad itself which was faulty
Updated to iOS 7.1 and camera now works
So it must have been an hardware issue
So end of day ipad and camera now working as normal.

Most reactions

Latest posts