What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Camera Connection Kit - Upgrade voltage hack?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Openssh is installed. It still says command not found whenever I type umount.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out...went into Cydia, and diskdev-cmds wasn't installed. Now umount works on both mobile terminal and issh. Now that that is out of the way, is there any way to make the drive automatically mount when plugged in? Before, in iFile, when plugged in the drive would show directly below "disk" the first entry in the column, and it would have a little eject icon next to the label.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Munky said:
I figured it out...went into Cydia, and diskdev-cmds wasn't installed. Now umount works on both mobile terminal and issh. Now that that is out of the way, is there any way to make the drive automatically mount when plugged in? Before, in iFile, when plugged in the drive would show directly below "disk" the first entry in the column, and it would have a little eject icon next to the label.

OK. I don't understand how you can not have had that installed??? It comes as part of the base jailbreak AFAIK! Glad you got it sorted.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I installed it is cause I was looking through cydia and recognized it as having been installed during jb before....I tend to remember alot of minor crap like that, but couldn't tell you what I ate for breakfast the day before sometimes. lol

yanndes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I installed it is cause I was looking through cydia and recognized it as having been installed during jb before....I tend to remember alot of minor crap like that, but couldn't tell you what I ate for breakfast the day before sometimes. lol

Hi there, i'm having the exact same issue with the 'umount' command! iSSH terminal says 'command not found'! did you finally solve your problem in having the external hard drive mounting automatically without rebooting the ipad on iFile?!

It works wel with usb keys or sd cards, but every time you unplug the hard drive and plug it back it shows 'busy' and have to reboot...

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it still doesn't automatically mount, but to solve your problem, go to cydia and look for diskdev-cmds and install it. Then you will be able to use the unmount command. And doing that, you don't have to reboot the iPad when you want to mount it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts