What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad calendar won't open

tgbyrne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for about 3 weeks. I sync with my work calendar and google. All was well until today. When I try to open the calendar I get a blank page and then it closes. 3 days ago I started using Smart Pad organizer. All was well. Until this morning. I have deleted Smart Pad - no help. My contacts won't open either and I cant access the mail and calendar settings.

What to do?

Tom

Just checked and no longer able to sync my mail accounts either.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try a restart or reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
T

tgbyrne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to sestet from the settings page and that worked.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You mean Reset All Settings from the Settings > General > Reset options?

Just want to be sure I know what you did. It did not occur to me to suggest that, and in retrospect I should have, considering what you were saying happened.

OP
T

tgbyrne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You mean Reset All Settings from the Settings > General > Reset options?

Just want to be sure I know what you did. It did not occur to me to suggest that, and in retrospect I should have, considering what you were saying happened.

Yes, exactly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I had to do that on my iPhone a while back. Not that it fixed my problem, but still, it should have been fresh in my memory.

Glad you found your fix.

Most reactions