What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad calendar has bug

davsan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the last iOS update all the Australian holidays have appeared in my calendar on iPad and iPhone. The default alert is 2 days. I have changed the alert to None so many times and each time it reverts back to 2 days. There is no way it will keep the change.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the last iOS update all the Australian holidays have appeared in my calendar on iPad and iPhone. The default alert is 2 days. I have changed the alert to None so many times and each time it reverts back to 2 days. There is no way it will keep the change.
Hi, davsan! Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

The Australian calendar (in your case) came with the last iOS update. It depends on your setup in Settings - General - International - Region Format. If you don't need it, you can disable it in the Calendar app.

If you use a Google calendar (just as an example) as default calendar, like I do, but not the iCloud calendar, the default calendar alert settings on the iPad won't affect the alert times of the events. If you set up an event and change it to "None", you'll see that the alert time switches back to the time you chose for that calendar in Google settings, and this happens within seconds.

What you'll have to do is to go to the account that you use as default calendar, through a browser, and edit the alert there. Then the changes will be used in the Calendar app as well, for every event you create. The events you created before changing the settings will still show the previous alert time. You'll have to go through all of them in your iPad Calendar app and change them manually, one by one.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
D

davsan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iCloud calendar. In Settings Default Alerts I have None for all-day events. In the calendar if I click on a holiday event it says alert 2 days before. When I click this & change to None it reverts back to 2 days even after saving. It is annoying getting alerts for holidays, so if I can't change I will have to disable Holidays.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's weird. If you already set all day events to "None", you shouldn't get alerts. Of course you can disable the events in the Calendar app. Or you could try the usual fixes. They might remove this glitch.

Reset your iPad. This won't change settings, and data won't get lost. To do so press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up.

Force close the Calendar app:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar. Slide the picture above the Calendar app icon to the top of the screen.

Restart your device:
Turn it off, wait for a few minites and turn it on again.

OP
D

davsan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reset iPad & followed instructions but the problem still exists. So I have disabled the holidays, will keep track of them on paper calendar. Thanks for your help. It may be a glitch which needs addressing in next iOS update.

Most reactions

Latest posts