iPad calendar app default appointment length

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by s_baswell, Dec 18, 2012.

1. s_baswell

s_baswell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, first timer here. I am not new to iPad and am a tech by trade, but the solution to a problem I have had since I first got my iPad has nonetheless eluded me thus far. I use google calendar and it allows me to set the default appointment length to 30 minutes instead of the standard default 1 hour appointments. I know that in the built-in iPad calendar app, you can manually change the appointment length but that's just one more thing to have to manually change. Does anyone besides me even care about that and if so, has anyone found a solution?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Nothing you can do in the default calendar app. However there are several third party apps that offer more control. Most will sync with Google Calendars.

Readdle Calendar is a feature rich option (or so the reviews suggest). There are lots of other choices. I'm sure other's will chime in with their favorites.

I just use the native calendar on the iPad, though I've gone over to Fantastical for the iPhone. It's enough for me.