What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Business Use Advice

cargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
Forgive me if this is the wrong spot for this question/s. I am new here. My boss is about to buy iPads in for the sales team. Until now we have had to hump lap tops about with us as we are on the road a lot.

He has asked me to do some research and I thought maybe folk here might have some advice? So, here goes: I have read on a blog that there are issues with connecting to a VPN. I know iPad has this functionality but I have read of issues with it only connecting when wi-fi is on, the CPN dropping off when changing networks etc. I am also reading that iPad has issues with Firewalls when using VPN.

Can anybody enlighten me? My boss seems to think I am some kind of IT guy because I play Xbox online ha ha. Anyway, any thoughts on this would be appreciated - If there are issues I may just not mention it anyway - after, I would be mad to say no to a free work iPad :)

OP
C

cargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a free app called evernote a lot, and while I was browsing their forums yesterday I chanced upon this thread by a salesman who uses evernote on his iPad for work.
I hope it can give you some ideas.
quote]

Hi Hasty. Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I will have a gander :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll find several long discussion threads on these forums regarding VPN so abuse that search function as it's definitely doable. Maybe a good google will help.

What you need to do is sit down and list all the various documents you need to handle in the field and the interactions between you and your office, before you worry about the software needed. A definite case for a mind mapping app :)

Most reactions