What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad beeps now and then... Don't know why.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~

"Craic or crack is a term for fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation"

I would never have thought this! Crack certainly isn't that over here. Hmm..i guess some may think so.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You mean "crack?" Just checking, Gab. Craic could be something different where you are!:)

No, I definitely mean craic......just ask anyone who is Irish......I'm always having the craic!

The Archangel

Interesting! I love learning other's way. I have some friends in Canada, and they are always saying, "eh," before and after things. I love it!

Oh, crapums. We should get back on topic!!

Sorry, OP!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Well ~

"Craic or crack is a term for fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation"

I would never have thought this! Crack certainly isn't that over here. Hmm..i guess some may think so.

You Americans eh......always having to take everything one step further!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad only beeps when email arrives, mostly in the form of IPF mail! See, I can go back on topic.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine beeps too my theory is :D it's because it's checking mail from time to time. ;)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
Mine beeps too my theory is :D it's because it's checking mail from time to time. ;)

It checks for mail, but it shouldn't beep without actually downloading mail :confused:

then maybe we have this underlying "bug" lol . it doesnt beep this much before. but recently even my iphone4 beeps simultaneously with the ipad1 . a duet :p

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
then maybe we have this underlying "bug" lol . it doesnt beep this much before. but recently even my iphone4 beeps simultaneously with the ipad1 . a duet :p

Maybe they are just chatting to each other?

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j0yful said:

Whoa! A symphony duet, trendy!

island ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
A few things to try comes to mind:

1. Have you looked in Settings > General > Sounds?

2. Doubletap the home button, and try removing all open apps first, then start just one app which you think most likely might be causing it and see if that's the culprit.

3. Note the intervals between beeps: is it at fixed, regular intervals, or at random?

Thanks! The sound I was hearing was "new mail" and then I changed my others around to what I liked.

Most reactions

Latest posts