What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad battery

Zaid Zain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that we should'nt run out the ipad battery or going below 5%? Or is it the opposite? Meaning, not to charge if the percentage of battery is higher than five percent?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It makes no difference when you charge your battery. Modern batteries do not develop a memory, so charge whenever you like.

Apple recommend discharging completely once a month to recalibrate your battery meter but that's all.

I keep mine topped up for the most part, but sometimes partially charge it if it is getting very low.

Whatever you do, you won't do any damage.

I've deleted your other thread asking the same question as we discourage multiple threads asking the same question.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. You shouldn't discharge them all the time. I did it once with my BB battery where I left it discharge every other day because I was too lazy to charge it. The battery was holding 15% of the charge after one month so don't discharge lithium ion battery.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That reminds me. You should never leave any battery in a discharged state. If for some reason you don't use your iPad for several months, charge it up every now and then as it will discharge slowly over time.

Reaction score
Hi

My iPad 2 battery has always lasted really well, but I just charge it every night on my nightstand anyway. I use it all the time, including reading before I sleep. I am pretty sure I usually did not get below 50%, but now I am doubting myself! I even listened to my music via bluetooth headphones for most of a 14 hour flight last month, and then, of course, the battery went down to almost empty.

In the last couple of days, with just regular use, email, diary, tasks, the battery is draining much more quickly than usual, it's down to 18% from 100% this morning. I have switched off Bluetooth, closed all my apps, (I have used 9 today). Completely closed it down and restarted, but still high battery usage. I can't think what has changed to cause this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. Love this forum, by the way.

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea the iPad's battery life is actually incredible when it idles. It last weeks before I need to charge it.

Reaction score
I downloaded an App called Boost Magic last night. Followed supplied hints and tips, and instructions. Today, it is after 4pm, and my battery is showing 90%! Yay! It looks like this app really works. I would still like to know why my battery suddenly started depleting so much in the first place tho.

henry98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That reminds me. You should never leave any battery in a discharged state. If for some reason you don't use your iPad for several months, charge it up every now and then as it will discharge slowly over time.

Unfortunately, noone suggest this to me before. When I got my new phone, kept iPad ideal for couple of months and few days before when i opened it, battery was not working at all ( even after charging), and part of it was swallowed from the middle. Can I make it functional again ?

Reaction score
henry98 said:
Unfortunately, noone suggest this to me before. When I got my new phone, kept iPad ideal for couple of months and few days before when i opened it, battery was not working at all ( even after charging), and part of it was swallowed from the middle. Can I make it functional again ?

Sorry, not quite sure if you are talking about your iPad or iPhone. What was swallowed from middle?

Most reactions