What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Battery

hoytman62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air take a long time to charge. Then it uses battery faster than ever. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad Air take a long time to charge. Then it uses battery faster than ever. Any suggestions?

Hello - please provide some more information: 1) How long have you owned the iPad Air; 2) What is your charging practice, i.e. let the battery exhaust and then recharge vs. plugged in to the charger often; and 3) What is the setting on your screen brightness, wireless use, etc.?

Lithium-ion battery life in these devices relate to full charge cycles (one link HERE) - Apple states that for their iDevices that 500 cycles or so should maintain at least 80% of the original charge capacity - I don't believe it! See the screen capture below from an app on my MBAir called CoconutBattery - this is looking at my iPad Air 2 (now just over 2 years old) - the original battery capacity was 7340 mAh, but the app reports 4000 mAh or just 55% battery health after only 369 complete cycles - I'm irritated! Bottom line is that I'm having the same issues as you are describing, i.e. much less battery usage once charged back to 100% - SO, give us some more information. Dave
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 11.18.25 PM.png

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you using the original charger and cable that came with the iPad? AS far as draining you can check that in settings-> Battery usage. A lot of times quick drainage can be caused by the screen being set to full brightness and / or the case cover (if applicable) not closing properly which causes the ipad to shut on and off repeatedly.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, our OP left a post last Thursday, October 6 and has not returned to address the questions raised by Brian & myself - now, just some further clarification of my own situation w/ my iPad Air 2 battery - I was rather upset about its 'Battery Health' as reported by Coconut Battery on my laptop, i.e. @ the cycle count shown, the health of that battery should have been over 80% unless defective.

NOW, Apple suggests that these Li-Ion batteries be completely 'exhausted' completely at least once a month - I've probably been ignoring that advice, SO today I ran the battery on the iPad down to 5% and then fully recharged - Coconut Battery now shows 86% - thus, the battery technology monitoring was recalibrated and presently reflects what I would expect after this time & cycles used (see both diagrams below) - LESSON, I need to follow my own advice given in this forum over the years - ;) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 8.13.43 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts