What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Battery, Replace Yourself, Or Refurbo?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should also mention that Apple has been very generous about battery replacement on a couple of iPod shuffles I owned.

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this piece on the longevity of iphones is a little concerning...

More than a quarter of iPhones break within 2 years - Computerworld

More than a quarter of iPhones break within 2 years
More than one in four Apple iPhones break or fail within two years, a company that provides after-sale warranties said today. SquareTrade Inc., which sells extended warranties for iPhones, said that 26% of Apple's smartphones suffer breakdowns -- or simply breakage -- within the first two years... Three-year-old iPhones will experience a failure rate of 35% to 40%.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem weird that they happen to be selling extended warranties?

BTW, I have bought refurbished for almost all my Apple products. I save a lot of money, get the same warranty, and never had any problems. I actually think there are less issues with refurbish units.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't owned a phone for an entire year in 7 years so two years is a stretch for me.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
this piece on the longevity of iphones is a little concerning...

More than a quarter of iPhones break within 2 years - Computerworld

Before getting down on Apple, I'd want the stats for all cell phones. I only got my first in the last year or so, and it's a cheap $20 Motorola, but over the years I've heard LOTS of stories about broken/dropped phones. People seem to handle them more, which leads to more of them dropped, lost, and otherwise damaged. A friend of mine has had a cracked display on his for 6 months now.

By its nature the iPad will be treated more like a computer, and handled with more care. The risk of damage is still there, but reduced.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think in few years computers will be like remote controls, you can fling them across the room and they just keep on going, lol

i always throw around my remote controls.

Most reactions