1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad battery question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by darthq12, Jun 19, 2011.

1. darthq12

darthq12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everybody. I'm new here and I just had a quick questions about the iPad 2's battery. I was wondering if it was true that it won't hurt the battery to charge it before it is completely drained. Thanks!
  2. arbor53

arbor53 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    True, won't hurt the battery, but i think its recommended to do a full discharge once a month
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    If I remember right, draining once a month is recommended for continued accuracy of the battery indicator, rather than battery life.
  4. darthq12

darthq12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay thanks guys. I believe I also heard somewhere that it's not recommended to leave your battery below forty percent for extended periods of time
  5. Dr Umfufu

Dr Umfufu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had my iPad 1 for over a year. I recharged whenever I felt like it or when I needed to and over the course of a year I did not notice any battery degradation. I very rarely did a complete discharge and charge so I doubt you have anything to worry about... Just use and enjoy....