What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad battery loss

akkate55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for a little over a month and the battery has been fine. Last week all of the sudden it seems to be not holding power. I totally charged it and closed all the apps with the double click feature and closed tone cover on it and came back two hours later to 58% battery! Can anyone suggest what might be happening? Thanks,
Kate

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple suggests running down your battery once a month to keep your battery indicator accurate.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
when you say you closed the cover on it, did you just let the screen shut off on its own or did you manually turn off the screen via the button?
Maybe the sensor didn't detect the cover for some reason and the screen stayed on.

Also its a good idea just to reboot the iPad, I would say at least once a week do a complete shutdown and reboot.
This will clear out everything from the temporary memory and also bring back any memory that could have been lost due to memory leaks from an app that you may have downloaded. I don't know about the iPad 2 but my first generation iPad seemed to get a better battery life reading right after a reboot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts