What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad battery after one year

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you who bought the first ipad right away, what's the iPad's battery like a full year after use? How long does it last?

Also, does leaving the iPad plugged in after it reaches 100% bad for the battery? I leave it plugged in all night but I'm pretty sure it reaches 100% half way through the night.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often charge all night. Mine is a year old and the battery is still acting like it did new. It won't last forever, but I should be able to get at least three years out of it.

Jeeves441

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the battery gets slightly worse, nothing too significant, but the charge does not hold as well after 1 year. i leave my ipad plugged in over night too, i don't think its bad for the ipad

Reaction score
Ideally, the battery would only be charged to ~95% on a regular basis. Charging the last 5% up to 100% harms the battery disproportionally. Of course, the degradation will only take place over time. But the battery should still last a few years, even when charging daily.

Personally, I just use the device, I wouldn't want to restrict the usage, just to prevent the battery from degrading ever so slightly.

Most reactions