1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad as server

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Lesmundo2012, May 2, 2012.

1. Lesmundo2012

Lesmundo2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, newbie to forum & 1 month old ipad3.

Ok I've got GoodReader & can transfer most files & YouTube videos from my iPad to the external hard drives on my laptop - an old PowerBook G4 with USB-1.

Thing is, I can only upload from the ipad once I get the files into GoodReader, but not all apps show "open in GoodReader". My main concern is a video of 4.7GB that I got off itunes.

What I need for my old laptop is a way to see the file directory of the iPad & be able to take directly from there. I thought I found 1 solution, but the sister program for the mac wasn't for Mac Os 10.4.11

Now before anyone asks why I don't just buy a new MacBook Pro - well I want to, but I'm waiting for the fabled 'cooler' processor & a much cooler laptop, especially for use here in Spain.

Thanks for any suggestions :)
  2. Lesmundo2012

Lesmundo2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me again - ipad NOT jail broken