What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as Personal Hotspot?

threeosix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to have the iPad 3G share out wifi the same way the iPhone 4 does? Can it be used as a personal hot spot?

Are there apps out there that provides such capability?

Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, MyWi can share your iPad 3G data connection by creating a personal hotspot (as well as enabling bluetooth or USB tethering).
It is one of the most expensive apps from Cydia, but up until recently it was many peoples sole reason for jailbreaking.
Hope that helps.

ferrarofilms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where to find Rock.app.........

I have jailbroken my Ipad but, as I understand, to buy Mywi I need first instal Rock.app. I can not find a site where to download from. Any help please?
Thanks
Carlo

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have jailbroken my Ipad but, as I understand, to buy Mywi I need first instal Rock.app. I can not find a site where to download from. Any help please?
Thanks
Carlo

No, you are working with old information my friend. Cydia purchased Rock outright sometime last year. MyWi is available in the Cydia store just like any other paid app. Just search for MyWi.
Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts