What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as laptop replacement?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
ICab is an app which allows uploading to websites.

The Archangel

Oh you mean the the browser. I have it, I was able to upload onto some sites but then the site would not accept the upload. Bought a really expensive FTP app that I cannot use...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Stormcloud319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT an iPad if that's your only device. It does a lot less than 90% of what a laptop does. If you're surfing the web you can't see some site because apple does not support Flash. If you work a lot with documents there is no file storage system on the laptop. I have had to purchase 2 additional apps to overcome these problems and. Fortunately I still can't upload my resume.

Get another laptop first. The iPad is fun but does NOT replace a laptop at this time.

Stormcloud319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But with a laptop you don't buy anything else!!!! Tired of the phrase "there's an app for that"

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my desk I have a notebook computer. To the right of it I have a calculator. My computer has a calculator program but when crunching numbers I prefer the calculator. In addition to the portability the iPad does a lot of things without all the overhead of the computer so there are a number of things I prefer to do on it but, for me, it is as close to replacing my computer as the calculator.

I could probably compromise and do more on the iPad but I am not about to try and shove a square peg into a round hole.

This is my opinion and it is based on my preferences and experiences.

Most reactions

Latest posts