What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as cash register

JohnMak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kaykaykay,
Many thanks. It would be great to know if that store prints receipts.
Cheers

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, John, as promised:

The shop uses POS Lavu software (you can google it) and prints receipts. The one they gave me was nothing fancy, but was an actual slip of paper with prices and such. Good luck.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do i need to buy to make my computer into a cash register, so i don't have to buy separate cash register?

I don't know what type of computer you're talking about, but this company is trying to turn mobile devices into cash registers:

https://squareup.com/

I am not affiliated with them. I read about them, is all.

This is Jack Dorsey's company, one of the Twitter founders. I have the impression that it may turn into a big deal.

Firebuild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Square Register with the iPad, it's great in many ways but the one issue I have with it is that it seems like I should be able to print a receipt from my computer printer. It is set up for receipt printing - but only if you buy an actual receipt printer. I can email a receipt to the customer, but if they don't want it emailed (I run an antique shop and I have customers who, believe it or not, don't have email) I'm stuck. If I pull the receipt up on screen it shows my percentage and all that, which I really don't want to give the customer. I have neither the space nor the money for a dedicatred receipt printer, so I hope to eventually find a work-around. If anyone has figured this out, I'd love to hear about it.

UrbanP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use an iPad POS app called iPos, UK based company, we are actually beta testing it prior to general release and it's great. More info on their website i-pos.co.uk

Most reactions

Latest posts