What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as a sampler?

Coachmoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings!

I am a relative newb with the iPad. I have a book to read but I have a pressing question.:confused:

Can the iPad be used to sample music or sounds then played back through a larger sound system?

I play music in a band and my PA board has a USB connection. I want to sample sounds (for example the jet engine at the beginning of Back In The USSR by the Beatles) and play it through the pA to start the song.

If anybody knows IF this can be done or HOW it can be done, any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance for any help given.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will not send data with the standard USB cable that comes with it. If you use a third party app, some may have a dock adapter to do what you want. Otherwise, just plug the headphone jack into the board.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GarageBand app has a sampler in it ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

OP
C

Coachmoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GarageBand app has a sampler in it ;-)

COOL!

Have you any experience using it?

I have Garage Band on my desktop IMac and I plan to learn how to use it this summer.

I would assume the iPad app is similar to the desktop version as far as features?

Thanks for your help!:D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coachmoe said:
COOL!

I have Garage Band on my desktop IMac and I plan to learn how to use it this summer.

I would assume the iPad app is similar to the desktop version as far as features?

iPad version is more thn capable but I'm sure desktop iMac one is better. It works well.

OP
C

Coachmoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coachmoe said:
COOL!

iPad version is more thn capable but I'm sure desktop iMac one is better. It works well.

Excellent! I looked through my iLife 09 book and it says nothing about sampling. Maybe I need to look at MIDI. I'll keep searching.

Thanks again.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts