What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Artstudio instructions

bigmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 60 y.o. And very out of touch with digital art applications. My children gave me an iPad and I immediately bought the Artstudio app. Unfortunately I have no idea on how to effectively utilize all of it's various functions and I can find no tutorials that do not assume you already have a working knowledge of the software application. Any help?

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Open the app and read through the menu items on the bottom. The one with the Mortar Board [graduate's hat] has some lessons you can work through. Warning: Layers are involved in most of the effects [not all] and you might want to Google layers to see if there are some descriptive stuffs available. One suggestion is to see if you can master at least some of the various capabilities in Art Studio before moving on to other Photography or Art apps. Just my opinion. Plan on a couple of weeks learning and experimenting. If you find you are learning faster, move on to something else. Good luck and ask more questions if you get stalled.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Second answer. Click on the Artstudio app icon in iTunes and you will find a link to Art Studio for iPad under the description paragraph. Click on it and you will find lots of Art Studio stuff, including tutorials. You may have to use a Mac or Pc if they are in Flash. I haven't tried them on the iPad.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Third Answer. I recommend trying the Animals lesson and Cat first. For your first try: Don't set the Offset Drawing to Off as suggested until you have tried it in the Off Position.
Remember you are tracing over the lines generated by the iPad. Don't be in a hurry. The iPad takes a milisecond or so to stay even with your finger. Also, make sure your hands are clean before starting.

OP
B

bigmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response to my question. I am looking at each one. Some , such as the mortarboard tutorials, I have tried already. (I drew a very nice puppy.) I imagine I will just have to experiment with all of the functions to see what they do. Sylwester Los at Lucky Clan said they were preparing a detailed manual. Looking forward to that

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around.:)

Amy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help with the app

*In Art Studio I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I'm having in getting the app to work

*Before I upgraded to the new version it worked great, now when I go onto the layers and press transform to move, resize, rotate or any of the other options although it allows me to do it, it won't keep it. The screen only has two options on the screen besides the moving, resizing and rotating. They are 'buy full version' and 'cancel'. In the older version I'm sure instead of cancel it said confirm. Of cause when I click on cancel it does just that. It goes back to the original position.*

*Do you know if I'm doing anything wrong on the app or if there's some kind of setting to fix this?

Sent from my iPod

Bev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finding saved artstudion art

Just got artstudio and did a couple of things, save & named them, but now can't find them. Where are they?

Dowbright

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So upset!

dang! at first I could make quick little sketches and actually use them, basic as they were. Now I can barely draw a line.

neat that you aded so many cool things for those who get it,but death to those of us who don't!

I'm prepared to pay for the right to still make my silly sketches...Any chance you could add back in the EASY function for folks like me???

Just push a button and we simply DRAW? Pleeeeze?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got artstudio and did a couple of things, save & named them, but now can't find them. Where are they?

You saved them within the app gallery......you'll have to "export" them to the camera roll.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get the basics of mastering ArtStudio, one can find help in a Photoshop tutorial. The tools have identical names and functions.

ihf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I want to load two photos each into its own layer, I can Load one, Add a layer, and import the other. Can someone tell me how I can then offset one layer from the other (so that they do not precisely overlap)? Or crop one layer and not another? I want to create a montage of portions of photos. Can I do this with layers as in Photoshop where each layer is a photo with adjustments made independently?

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ihf said:
How do I load two different photos each into its own layer? If I simply do a load from an album it replaces all layers. Is there a way to create a montage?

I think you have to use the import function per layer.

Most reactions

Latest posts