What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad artist

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK so the name's wishful thinking....I just ordered ipad after watching all my artist friends pop theirs out to do a variety of writing, search and more as we toured the action capture set at Create, UCF . I will be writing a lot on mine then putting it into the full version of Pages on my "big " mac. Is the Pages app for iPad the best I can do for a word processor? I'm seeing compaints of "toy"...What do you know?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages is an annoying word processor in my opinion. But with that said, I haven't found anything better on the iPad as far as full featured, someone else might be able to chime in on that though. I gave up on heavy word processing on the iPad and now I just use my MacBook Pro or Windows PC.

slave_to_mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm...I know what you mean about IPages I only downloaded it yesterday and am still finding my way around it. I thought it might be able to use it as a very basic photo/text collage tool, I can't even get the layer back/front bar to move. I think it might be a little buggy.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you certainly won't find anything more compatible with the OS X version of Pages than the iPad version.

If you just want something to enter a lot of text in a non-distracting interface there are several options. iA Writer, Inspire Pro, and Texttastic are all on my list for more investigation and possible purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts