What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apps

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help us help you...

What kind of things are you interested in doing with your iPad? What are your hobbies? What kind of work do you do?

Things that I find interesting might be utterly boring and useless to you!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angry Birds HD
Netflix (requires you to have the $8.99 subscription)
Twitter for iPad
Flipboard (Social networking in a magazine style uses Twitter and Facebook)
Friendly (Facebook app for iPad)
Harbor Master (free, time consuming game)
Real Racing HD (amazing graphics, shows off the power of the iPad)
ABC Player (watch ABC tv shows on your iPad)
Amazon.com (nice alternative to the site.)
Discover (wikipedia for the iPad)
Flixster (shows movie information for those in theaters and those already released on dvd or blu-ray)

if you would like for me to recommend some more just let me know and I would be happy to oblige. :)

sveinutne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just installed iNavX with sea maps in HD, on the iPad, and wonder if it is possible to install something like Google map too, so it will work when there is no internet or external connections. Like a car navigator?
I have found National Geographic World Atlas HD for iPad, and it might be close to what I am looking for, but I wonder if I should look at other apps before I buy this from National Geographic?
--
Moved to App Store

Last edited:

bieber fever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mudkipz.ws
I'm hoping, after the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode One, that they make it iPad sturdy. I'd like to try out that game in particular with my iPad, once I get one, of course. Lol.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one game that comes to mind that has been a lot of fun for me since I installed it. It's called Pocket Frogs. I'm not sure if everybody would like it, but I love to play it. You basically have a terrarium of frogs which you can breed, sell, and give to other friends who play it. Pocket Frogs in also plus+ enabled, so you can check out your friend's frogs as well. It is also available for iPhone/iPod Touch users, so you can build an armada of friends. I know I sound like an ad, but I really like the game!

bieber fever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mudkipz.ws
There is one game that comes to mind that has been a lot of fun for me since I installed it. It's called Pocket Frogs. I'm not sure if everybody would like it, but I love to play it. You basically have a terrarium of frogs which you can breed, sell, and give to other friends who play it. Pocket Frogs in also plus+ enabled, so you can check out your friend's frogs as well. It is also available for iPhone/iPod Touch users, so you can build an armada of friends. I know I sound like an ad, but I really like the game!

Lol, you sound like a perfect AD.
But yeah, that game does sound fun. But I usually prefer Openfient than plus+.
I'll still try it out if I ever get around to it. Lol.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flipboard (Social networking in a magazine style uses Twitter and Facebook)

Which is its great weakness. I'd like Flipboard so much more if it handled blogs and RS feeds instead of twitter and facebook, which are more prone to, well, nonsense. One of the coolest app interfaces, though.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, you sound like a perfect AD.
But yeah, that game does sound fun. But I usually prefer Openfient than plus+.
I'll still try it out if I ever get around to it. Lol.
I use both Openfient and plus+ simply because a lot of games have them enabled. But it's nice having things like goals/achievements to try to get. I think it gives the game more depth.

Most reactions