What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Apps won't launch

Jimmy1502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded 3 new apps to my iPad. the icons are on the desktop but are not booting up, it just says "Waiting" and it's been like that for a day now.
on the app store page for the app it says - Installing.
I can't delete them cos there is no x in the top left hand corner of the icon.
at the settings screen the apps is set at ON for automatic downloads

any suggestions?????????

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You did press and hold on one of these apps to wait for the x to appear, right?

Also, I have seen apps display "Paused" while downloading and sometimes you have to press the app icon again to wake it up from the paused stated to continue the install.

Last edited:

the2ems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with 4 apps I tried to install today. This has only started since I installed iOS 6

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded 3 new apps to my iPad. the icons are on the desktop but are not booting up, it just says "Waiting" and it's been like that for a day now.
on the app store page for the app it says - Installing.
I can't delete them cos there is no x in the top left hand corner of the icon.
at the settings screen the apps is set at ON for automatic downloads

any suggestions?????????

Hi there...

-I just deleted your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

Thanks!

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem sometimes on iPhone, I try to press and delete it in order to reinstall, but there is no "x".
Reset your device, reconnect wifi to see if it works?

loveyday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can download iOS6, it has released and available for iphone, iPad.

the2ems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read on another forum to go into settings, Safari, then delete history and cookies. This worked for me, but I have no idea why. Try it.

Most reactions

Latest posts