1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad apps for toddlers

Discussion in 'ipad Apps for Little Kids' started by ALISTAIR, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ALISTAIR

ALISTAIR iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all :)

Im looking for some advice about some educational apps for my 3 year old daughter. I was wondering if anyone could provide any suggestions about which ones would be best for creativity, music and language? Many thanks for your advice.
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
    Hacking Rules - Please read
    iPad for Beginners
    Free iPad User Manuals
    Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!
  3. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Alistair,

My two year old grandson likes "Elmo's Monster Book" and "Green Eggs and Ham". They are well constructed, with lots of interactivity.

He really dotes on Tozzle, which is a jigsaw type puzzle set. Again lots of sounds and interactivity.

You might check the apps section in the Apple Store subforum here. There is a poster there who posts a regular review of kids apps.
  4. sd3sign

sd3sign iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My kids like...

Little things
    Marble Mixer
    Peppas Party
    Postman Pat
    Handy Manny
    My First Clock
    Dinosaur Chess
    iWriteWords
    Math Bingo
    Drawing Pad
    Coloring Book
    Dora Coloring
    Doodle Buddy
    Kid Synth
    Singing Fingers
    Jelly Doodle
    IceBox Doodle
    Cookie Doodle
    Cake Doodle
    Candy Doodle
    TieDye Doodle
    Create a Car
    Baby Safari
    Talking Tom etc.

In fact, I need another iPad coz there are 4 of us using it, I never get a chance!!
  5. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Wow! :eek: You can create a car with the iPad?! Amazing! I think I'll get that app!! :D
  6. RuckusHolly

RuckusHolly iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You must check out our apps. We make apps for kids ages 2 and up. She would love Spot the Dot, A Present for Milo and even My Little Pony! Check out the Ruckus Media Group web site.
  7. michio

michio iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are the apps that I think are very interactive/educational and that my 3 year old daughter enjoys learning from:
    FirstWords Animal and the Japanese version of FirstWords Animal (if you want to teach them Japanese).

Green Eggs and Ham, Gertrude, 1 Fish 2 Fish (basically all Dr. Seuss books so far) are good interactive books. You can select two different modes:
    Read to me - which highlights the words as it is being read
    Read it myself - which allows your child to read by themselves. If they don't know the word, they can tap on the word and have it be read back to them.

A good memory game is Memory Match HD edition.

For art, Color and Draw is a good one. They have coloring books and Alphabet training camp but my daughter hasn't used the Alphabet training part, yet.
  8. fayejayne

fayejayne iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My son will be 2 in Feb and he loves his i pad! he plays on it alot and he's a pro tbh! I download apps for him from the app store for counting, numbers, jigsaws etc and he loves them and masters them. I would like to thank Apple so much for this invention. I believe that my son is developing very quickly regarding this technology and well as his mother I'm well impressed! I use the i pad for everything. He watches c beebies, videos off you tube, games, songs absolutely everything. The way I look at it is he goes nursery in the day, footy and swimming during weekend, does abit of drawing on paper with crayons etc and he has his black board and chalks but he also does the same thing using your apps. Thank you again! AMAZING!!
  9. Dowell5

Dowell5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The app "Alpha Writer" is a good one. Teaches kids how to read, write and spell. Regular version cost $4.99 but they may offer a free one.
  10. merchmaiden

merchmaiden iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for these - will check them out - my toddler loves toddler counting, preschool counting and toddler tube - which is great because it has youtube videos for toddlers but they can't exit nor click on any inappropriate videos
  11. cherry123

cherry123 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playing with Dolphins App

It is not really educational app but Playing with Dolphins app lets your daughter interact with real dolphins. Just tap on your screen to call them then watch and listen to them talking with your daughter. Hope your daughter likes this app.