What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad app for walking outdoors

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I wondered if anyone knew of an app that can be either for iPad or iPhone that can guide you or at least give you a clue to directions for hillwalking say in the Lake District. Yes I know you can buy those GPRS things but they are expensive and I can't justify the cost really

Am sure there used to Boone ages ago and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two apps that I just found in the App Store, one is called Wainwrights and the other is Hill Lists.

I hope that helps you.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed that there are a lot more guides if you search for "Lake District" in the App Store.

The Archangel

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking and typing walking which is probably why I failed

There is one called GB Nat Parks you can get ordnance survey maps but it's the price of the maps that gets you

Thanks so much for the help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, anything to do with Wainwright is probably a good starting point (that's what I did my first search for).

The Archangel

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a bt stack on cydia that enables your wifi ipad to pick up the signal of a bt gps. When I want to use gps pn my ad I use my phone (nokia) as a gps receiver and I tether the gps signal to the ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts