What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Your World

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just reflecting on a few apps that I recently installed. When I first got my iPad, we had a tornado nearby shortly after. While parked in a underground garage, I amazed people by keeping an eye on the weather with my iPad. While it gave me a lot of information, I could not watch the weather radar because of Flash.

Now I have iPad apps from all the major area TV stations. Even those I cannot get with my antenna. And because of the popularity of the iPad, now I can get news and weather anywhere. While the iPhone has beeen around much longer, and never supported Flash. It was the iPad that turned the tide for many organizations and media outlets. Even though the iPhone is more useful as a portable device, and many more have been sold, it was the iPad that made the difference.

So, in some small way, I can say that the iPad has made my family's life a little safer. In what ways has the iPad made your lives better?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are on a once in a lifetime vacation to London, Venice and other places in Europe. Because of my new Ipad2, I am able to easily connect my camera and send immediate photos back home to my 82 year old mother and others. This device is so awesome and very portable. I can get a WiFi signal in our building in Venice while my daughter's Mac laptop cannot. Interesting. loving the new Ipad!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I was just reflecting on a few apps that I recently installed. When I first got my iPad, we had a tornado nearby shortly after. While parked in a underground garage, I amazed people by keeping an eye on the weather with my iPad. While it gave me a lot of information, I could not watch the weather radar because of Flash.

Now I have iPad apps from all the major area TV stations. Even those I cannot get with my antenna. And because of the popularity of the iPad, now I can get news and weather anywhere. While the iPhone has beeen around much longer, and never supported Flash. It was the iPad that turned the tide for many organizations and media outlets. Even though the iPhone is more useful as a portable device, and many more have been sold, it was the iPad that made the difference.

So, in some small way, I can say that the iPad has made my family's life a little safer. In what ways has the iPad made your lives better?

When my sister in law died, I was able to show pics of her in happier times on my iPad photos at the funeral, it made a few people happier, I can tell you. My family aren't very techno orientated so this was the one time when my iPad was looked on favourably.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In doing homework, I sometimes need two monitors (one to type the document, one for researching the Internet).

So, right now, I've got my iPad "hosting" the Word document I am creating while I use my PC monitor to hold all the web links I've got open in Firefox. I am using the app DisplayLink. Very, VERY handy. I can use my fancy, shmancy Logitech ergonomic keyboard to type and the iPad keeps up quite nicely. Much easier than to keep switching back and forth between programs on the PC.

Of course, it's not why I got my iPad ... but it sure is a handy side benefit.

Marilyn

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded another great song for my collection. Before the iPad, I stuck with mostly buying CDs, but now I will hear a song on the radio and go to iTunes and get it. My songs number in the thousands, and a good majority of them are on CD. But buying one at a time has some great advantages when there so many artists with just a couple of songs I want, or when they only have the song on a single album that i do not want. Today it was An American Trilogy by Elvis.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It's certainly changed my world. Not for a moralistic better, but more selfish reasons. And why not?

My day to day professional working regime is now 90% paper free, (I'm an artist so I'll never forgo my pen and paper ultimately). My 25 year old daily diary is shelved, as are most of my note books, pens and pencils. All my diary entrys, telcons, todos, quick sketching, note taking, meeting notes, house hold accounts etc etc etc are now iPad orientated.
I'm still learning and auditioning and stream lining the best apps that suit me, but it's a pure joy to use. Internet browsing is awesomeness. Faster than being plugged into my router!

And as SP say, without buying an iPad, I'd have never met the great peeps in this forum.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I have to agree with all the above, I seriously would be lost without my iPad. It's got my diary, contacts, school lesson planner, school dept meeting notes, note book, photos, private info for banks, building societies, passwords for all my internet, collection of ebooks, my gardening info, my favourite music, films, tv programs, alarm clock/weather alert, email, and so on and so on... I LOVE MY IPAD
My hubby says it made him poorer, bless him.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad about a week before I fell ill with a swelling in my spinal cord earlier this year......knocked me for six but the iPad kept me connected to the outside world including friends and work, entertained with games, TV and movies and allowing me to organise grocery deliveries when I couldn't even get off my knees. For a lot of this period I could not have picked up my laptop and certainly not carried it around so this little iPad has been a godsend to me, really helping to keep my spirits up.

So now that I am healthy again I look at this little device and think to myself.......your ass is grass when iPad 3 is released........just sayin'

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
LOL, my wife says she feels second behind the iPad in our relasionship these days.

Yes, so true, he agrees with everything you say. He has to fight for affection or just give in and watch the news, films and newspapers with me!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I got my iPad about a week before I fell ill with a swelling in my spinal cord earlier this year......knocked me for six but the iPad kept me connected to the outside world including friends and work, entertained with games, TV and movies and allowing me to organise grocery deliveries when I couldn't even get off my knees. For a lot of this period I could not have picked up my laptop and certainly not carried it around so this little iPad has been a godsend to me, really helping to keep my spirits up.

So now that I am healthy again I look at this little device and think to myself.......your ass is grass when iPad 3 is released........just sayin'

The Archangel

Aww! No respect for the old one! If I get a new iPad, a big if, hubby or daughter will get my iPad. It is the classic original after all.

Most reactions

Latest posts