What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and windows domains

Mike_J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway for iPad to authenicate to a windows domain?..We have recently started using iPads at work and would like to use them to view information on our intranet..but since the iPad is not a domain member it can not access our intranet...any help would be great...Thanks

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in the same situation and as far as I can tell you can NOT make the iPad a member of the domain. One work around would to be to use a "cloud" service that has a client for the iPad as well as windows. The one that comes to mind is dropbox.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OperatorX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now the only option is RDP. We've setup a MS Terminal server and users use the iTap RDP client to access a windows desktop on our network.

OP
M

Mike_J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input...we have done test with RDP but this is not the route we won't to take...we are looking at a cloud solution right now

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah it is a pain to use RDP with the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your intranet page authenticates automatically based on a PC having a domain membership?

What type of webserver? I am assuming IIS...maybe add another form of authentication?

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes we use IIS...Thanks for the input

It totally depends on the amount of ipads you want on there...an easy solution would be to add basic authentication. Not the best choice, and sort of a pain adding each user if there are a lot or there are frequent changes.

I'm not sure if ipads work with client certificates, but if they do this might be an option you'd like.

OP
M

Mike_J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will accept client certificates but I haven't been able to make it work correctly...Thanks for the imput

Most reactions

Latest posts