1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad and USB drive

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Help and Info' started by manoj kansara, Jul 26, 2013.

1. manoj kansara

manoj kansara iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I wants to know that
    Can I connect USB drive with ipad?
    Can I do ppt on big screen with ipad?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +769 / 0
    Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Each of your questions is addressed below:

A USB drive cannot be used w/ the stock iPad if your intention is to transfer files between the devices; the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) allows use of camera SD cards and USB connections but is specific to that use. Now there are some 'wireless' options - e.g. check THIS THREAD; now if you have a more specific question regarding your need to use a USB drive w/ the iPad, then let us know.

PowerPoint does not run on the iPad; however, Keynote (a part of the iWork suite) can import PPT files - the app does not have the depth or power of a desktop version of Keynote or PowerPoint but is an option; other apps may exist that can be considered. As to using Keynote (or a similar app) w/ a larger screen, several possibilities are: 1) with Apple TV, the iPad can 'mirror' its screen to another one; or 2) an HDMI adapter and cable can be used; there are likely some other choices. Good luck! :)
    • Like Like x 1