What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and the School Administrator

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asharp said:
I don't think I bought Easy Grade Pro from this website, but this website seems to be pretty informative:

http://www.easygradepro.com/

I don't like the grading software my school uses. I've found Easy Grade Pro to be more versatile.

It provides options for changing seating arrangements as well as color coding. I've never used those functions, so I don't know if that set of functions would suit your needs.

I like the ability to weight categories, view students' performance in chart form by class and assignment as well as being able to drag and group assignments however I please. It also has a footnote set of functions that can be customized so that I can keep a record of who has submitted late, early and incomplete, first, second and third drafts of assignments, etc.

All records can be saved as PDFs and the progress reports are easy to generate and are easier to understand for college students than other programs I've tried.

The software program is geared for elementary, secondary, and high school teachers, but I've found it invaluable for college. The company (Orbis) also has a web based version of the product that I plan to examine at some point.

Thank you Asharp. This looks interesting. I wish I could port it to the iPad and it would be perfect.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jawbraker said:
Thank you Asharp. This looks interesting. I wish I could port it to the iPad and it would be perfect.

So do I: I did send a company customer service rep. a query about an app version of the program just to plant the idea, but I'm not holding my breath.

Synthetic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are making your rounds you can snap away, pics and video, to show all the 'my little darling would never do that' parents their little darlings doing that.

Haha, i really like this. If only you can imagine their faces after the vidz;))

j_da_que

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a middle school assistant principal, I hav found my iPad to be invaluable. I spend almost no time in my office during the school day so I really rely on my iPad to keep me connected. I use it to take notes when I meet with parents, for classroom observations, to do discipline letters, really I try to use it to do as much as possible so I can stay as mobile as possible. I use dropbox religiously so I have files from my desktop at hand.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j_da_que said:
As a middle school assistant principal, I hav found my iPad to be invaluable. I spend almost no time in my office during the school day so I really rely on my iPad to keep me connected. I use it to take notes when I meet with parents, for classroom observations, to do discipline letters, really I try to use it to do as much as possible so I can stay as mobile as possible. I use dropbox religiously so I have files from my desktop at hand.

I completed my first classroom observation last week and using my iPad for taking notes was a definite plus. The college classrooms don't have the same types of furniture in them and the class I was in had very small desks. The iPad and Origami Workstation were a perfect fit with almost no room to spare for anything else.

mdbrence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, we use it for classroom walk throughs and I type my classroom observation notes on it. I downloaded the Evernote and Dropbox apps for this. Evernote is cool because I can type notes on my IPad or IPhone and it will sync with all my computers. Then I can edit or print when I get back to my office. I can also get the same notes at home on those computers.

We haven't even begun to use it in full force at our school, yet. We are willing but just don't know what apps to use and make good use of yet. We get email and do some other simple things, like pictures, etc. but we would love to have some good software or apps just for school use. We would like to have our observation form and other forms loaded and usable, but haven't got that one figured out yet.

I think once you get started using it, you will find ways to use it that you didn't think of. Also, discussing ideas with other administrators will help you.
Good luck. I love mine.

Most reactions