What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and neckpain.

PimSmit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the use of the iPad I experience that my posture with it seems to cause neck- subs. headaches. Does anyone have these experiences? Not that I'm preparing a case or such, but maybe someone with this experience has a solution or an accessorie that may releave this probnlem.
Thanx in advance.

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno if it's a coincidence,but I seem to be experiencing these as well!:confused:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the use of the iPad I experience that my posture with it seems to cause neck- subs. headaches. Does anyone have these experiences? Not that I'm preparing a case or such, but maybe someone with this experience has a solution or an accessorie that may releave this probnlem.
Thanx in advance.
yes i sometimes get headaches when I'm on my iPad for extended periods,i also get them when i do a lot of sewing,i think it has to do with posture and the fact that you dont move for long periods,i try to remember to sit up and have a little walk about,just as matter of interest where do you get the pain? just wondering if its the same as mine,i get it right across my forehead.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx in advance.

Sit up straighter. Do you experience all this while on your laptop or computer? If you get a headache, take some pain medicine and put away the iPad and go for a run.

;)

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanx in advance.

As a long time sufferer of neck and back pain let me suggest that you address your posture, especially the position of the neck. As my chiropractor explained to me your neck should have a curve to it like this O - (head)
) - (neck) {sorry for the very primitive example}
When you have your head hung forward as in prolonged reading of a book or iPad/computer use, you strain the neck muscles and vertrebral disks and can pinch the nerves of your neck, resulting in pain. Adjusting your monitor/book/iPad so you can look straight ahead will be beneficial to your neck health. There are some posts in the DIY section where some of our more clever members have fabricated mounts and/or holders hor their iPads. Most specifically I recall one built to a microphone stand which would be quite adjustable. This might be an option for you. Maybe having a pillow or two in your lap to force you to raise your arms and iPad comfortably would be a good/inexpensive option also.

I hope this may be beneficial to you.

Cheers, Dan:)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that,it may explain why I get pain across my forehead whenever I do any close work or on iPad too long,guess I will have to take breaks.

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
Thanks for that,it may explain why I get pain across my forehead whenever I do any close work or on iPad too long,guess I will have to take breaks.

Breaks are always a good idea, however is your posture a healthy one?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
poisonivy said:

Breaks are always a good idea, however is your posture a healthy one?

My posture isn't too bad on iPad,sewing is worse as I'm looking down thro my magnifier.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I have the Griffin stand. I use it for reading and I change the height where I read. You do need to change your posture. I have carpal tunnel, so I use dragondictate rather than type. And I use a higher table to use the ipad on the stand to read..

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PimSmit said:
Thanx in advance.

Same with me, but I get headaches alot, so cannot blame it on my ipad, but I do get neck and back aches while using it, so I just put it down for awhile and move around, it helps.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing. It's all about our posture and how we are sitting and/or holding the iPad. Just change positions, be aware of your posture. Take regular breaks. I do stretches, if I've been there for a while, loosens everything again.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thats the best thing to do,trouble is i find i get so involved with what I'm doing that i forget to do all that,i find sometimes that 2 or 3 hours have gone by and i haven't noticed lol.

OP
P

PimSmit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for your responses. I'll check the diy section for solutions. I like to fiddle with materials. Maybe the Griffin if nothing works. So thanx everyone.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanx for your responses. I'll check the diy section for solutions. I like to fiddle with materials. Maybe the Griffin if nothing works. So thanx everyone.
can you just tell me where abouts in your head you get the pain?mine is always across the forehead.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
can you just tell me where abouts in your head you get the pain?mine is always across the forehead.

If I get pain across my forehead (and I get a lot of head pain), I use something called 4Head, it looks like one of those glue sticks, you just rub it on......it works really well and is fantastic.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, unless I approach you in a night club in which case I may fraudulently claim that I am!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts