What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and "layering" iTunes Accounts

bugfixr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2.0 that i received at a conference and it is preloaded with a bunch of free apps. I would like to load the apps i have purchased on my iPad 1.0 onto this iPad and still retain the ones that are already loaded. I would also like to move over all my Calendar information. I will then erase everything off my iPad1 and give it to my son. How can i load apps from 2 itunes accounts onto my iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At the bottom of most App Store tabs you will see your Apple ID in a button. Tap that to sign out of your business account, then tap it again and sign into your private account. Once you do that you will be able to visit the purchased tab in the store and download your apps.

You'll have to be careful to remember what apps are on what account, because to update them you will have to keep switching back and forth between the accounts. The iTunes and iBook Store logins are separate, so each store will need to be logged in and out of individually, which in your case is probably more convenient than not; since you'll probably only need to change the App Store more than once.

For calendar information, if you are not already syncing with Google, iCloud, or some other online service, I recommend you do that first. Then you can simply remove the account from the old iPad (or restore the iPad), and add the account the new iPad, which will then sync.

Enjoy your new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts