What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and Iphone Problem

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting a message on both device that says "Cannot Connect to Server"this is when I click on Safari, Weather App, or when I want to use the internet.

I have At&t,both Wi-Fi and 3 G and both icons are showing at the top indicating I have service,I have four bars for my Wi-Fi. This problem started yesterday,I re-booted and it worked fine for about 5 mins then I started getting the same message again. Any one know what my problem might be,thanks for any help.

I have had both of my toys for over a year and never had a problem until now.:(

Al.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - remember that the iPad uses WiFi in preference to 3G always - even if WiFi can't connect to the Internet. So turn off WiFi and see if you can connect by 3G. That will narrow the problem down and then get back to us....

Tim

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Count on Tim to the rescue,thanks Tim. OK, when I checked the ipad and phone they were both working this morning, however I did what you said and turned the Wi-Fi off and I did get on the internet with no message. So I guess you will will tell me to turn off 3G and go to Wi-Fi to see if that works, I await your command:D

Last edited:
OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I turned off the 3G on both and I have a strong signal on both,however its a hit and miss thing, sometimes I get out instantly and then it just waits and waits then the message Safari cannot connect to the serve,so it must be the service. Maybe I will give AT&T a call if it continues, I'm leaving for a 16 day trip of Europe next week so I have to have my toys working.

Al

Last edited:
OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading several pages of posts on the same problem (Safari Not Connecting) I decided to go to my settings and Reset all Networks settings,I then re-booted my Ipad and Iphone,then I held the re-set button on my router for 30 seconds,I then had to pacify my wife because it knock off my U-Verse TV while she was watching the news. After checking my self over for bruises and a thick lip, I then checked my toys and they were up and running on both Wi-Fi and 3G. So check the re-set button on the router it saves a lot of mental anguish.

Al

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to here things are back to normal (except for your lip) John! As you found out, rebooting the network as well as the devices connected to it will often resolve these sorts of issues.

Enjoy your iPad (and iPhone) and remember...flowers and jewelry are always welcomed by the better half. ;)

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Rich. Flowers,?Jewelry?are you kidding, I have been married 54 years and I don't want to start spoiling her now.

Al

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it working and sorry I missed your posts last night. I was taking my wife out to dinner and she draws the line at me pulling out the iPad at a candle-lit dinner! Clearly I have some educating to do as I've only been married 38 years!

Tim

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it working and sorry I missed your posts last night. I was taking my wife out to dinner and she draws the line at me pulling out the iPad at a candle-lit dinner! Clearly I have some educating to do as I've only been married 38 years!

Tim

Tim you must learn to put your foot down,and knowing where is key,so what the heck you may have to eat some fish and chips on the back porch at least better than eating cold Hagus in the candlelight.

Al:D:D

Most reactions

Latest posts