What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and iPhone Apps not synching correctly

Kioti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased some new apps, most were free, from my iPad 1. Then I attached my iPad to my PC windows 7 and backed up my iPad, installed ios 5.0.1. At least this time the upgrade worked and didn't lock my iPad so that i couldn't boot it. And I didn't have to go to the Apple store to get it working again. I then ran the update Apps. Now the new apps are dark and fail to work.

Also I have problems with my iPhone 3G after I updated the os to 5.0.1. The recently purchased iPhone APPs are not showing up. Also most of my older purchased apps are not showing up on my iPhone. The iPhone was updated a day after the iPad was updated.

I have tried reinstalling iTunes (repairing) and this didn't help at all.

Where I live I can not get any cellular service. And when i go to work I have cellular service, but do not have computer access to iTunes.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I thought IOS 5.0.1 was only for iPad 1 and up and iPhone 3GS and up not for iPhone 3G. Your iPad if a first version is equivalent to a iPhone 3GS.

When you can't find your apps, do you mean while your devices are hooked to your PC and can't view your apps on iTunes or can't find them on the device while not hooked to iTunes? You could try to log into the app store, touch "purchased" and try to find and redownload them that way. I think I'd do a soft reset first.( push and hold home button and sleep button same time until it shuts down)

Most reactions

Latest posts